User Provided Information
The Service obtains the information you provide when you sign-up for your account, fill in your profile, and use its features to exchange with others. Registration with us is optional if you want to browse the Service. However, registration with us is required in order to use the many features of the Service.
When you become a member of the Service, you may provide:
- your name, email address, user ID, password and other registration information;
- transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us;
- information you provide us when you contact us for help;
- credit card information for purchase and use of the paid features, and;
- information you enter into our system when using the Service, such as contact information and project information.
We may use the information you provide to contact you about important information, required notices, and marketing promotions.
Sharing Network administrators can operate their own Sharing Network using the Service. When a user becomes a member of a Sharing Network, they are providing their name and email to the administrator of the Sharing Network as well.
Automatically Collected Information
The Service may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to:
- the type of Internet device(s) you use;
- your devices unique ID(s);
- the IP address of your device(s);
- your operating system;
- the type of Internet browsers you use;
- information about the way you use the Service
When you use the Service, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to find the city you are located within and display a location map.
You can stop all collection of information by the Service easily by deleting your account. You may use the standard account deletion processes. You can also request your account is deleted by emailing us at email@example.com
Third Party Collected Information
We share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- if AnyShare Society is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of this information, as well as any choices you may have regarding information disclosure
We believe in being transparent with the third party tools we use and why we do so. We use the following third party tools:
- Google Analytics – We use Google Analytics to monitor and analyze site usage. This is anonymous data, which means that Google doesn’t have access to any user account information.
- Crazy Egg – We use Crazy Egg to analyze how our users interact with the Service. By analyzing how the Service is used, we can make a better experience. No user data is shared with Crazy Egg.
- Freshdesk – We use Freshdesk, so that users can communicate and ask us questions. Name and email is supplied to Freshdesk when a ticket is submitted by the user.
- Social logins – We allow users to sign up and login to the Service with the following social media services:
- Facebook – When signing up or logging in with Facebook, the users name and email is shared with us from their Facebook account. We can never access the users password as a token is passed to authenticate you when logging in. We ask for access to post to a users wall, and they must opt-in when editing their profile.
- Twitter – When signing up or logging in with Twitter, the username is shared with us from the users Twitter account. To be able to best use the Service, the user needs to supply us with their email address manually. When signing in with Twitter, the user grants us access to send tweets. We don’t do this at present and if we were ever to do so, we’d require the user to opt-in first. We do not ask for permissions to send direct messages via Twitter.
- Google + – When signing up or logging in via Google + we request the default permissions. The ability to post to the users account and view their circles is available to us, but not currently used. We would require the user to opt-in first if we ever post on their behalf.
- Github – When signing up or logging in with Github, the username and email is shared with us from their Github account. We cannot access the user’s password as a token is passed to authenticate them when logging in. We never post anything on their behalf to Github.
Managing Your Information
We will retain User Provided data from when you use the Service. We will retain and use the data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you’d like us to delete User Provided Data that you have provided via the Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will never sell any personal data for advertising or other purposes.
Sharing Network administrators can see members names and emails when a user joins.
We do not use the Service to knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our servers within a reasonable time.
We are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of our users information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For example, we limit access to user information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Service. Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
If you have any questions regarding privacy while using the Service, or have questions about our practices, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org